|½ Tablespoon Cardamom Seeds||10g Fresh Ginger - Sliced||50g French Beans - Cut into small pieces|
|1 Teaspoon Black Peppercorns||3 Tablespoons Cooking Oil||2 Tomatoes - Diced|
|½ Teaspoon Cumin Seeds||3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter||A Pinch Turmeric Powder|
|5 Cloves||1 Green Chilli - Chopped||600ml Vegetable Stock|
|½ Nutmeg||100g Potato - Diced||To taste Salt|
|2 Star Anise||50g Cauliflower Florets||To taste White Pepper Powder|
|3 Bay Leaves||50g Broccoli Florets||To Garnish Coriander Leaves|
|1 Stick Cinnamon - Broken into 3 pieces||½ Carrot - Diced|
|150g Basmati Rice|
|2 Garlic Cloves - Finely chopped||1L Water|
|50ml Plain Yogurt||1 Carrot - Roughly Cut|
|2 Tablespoons Mint Leaves - Chopped||1 Celery - Roughly Cut|
|½ Cucumber - Sliced||1 White Onion - Quartered|
|1 Spanish Onion - Sliced|
|½ Lemon Juice|
1. Methods for Riata
1. Slice cucumber and onion, chop garlic and mint leaves and extract juice from half a lemon.
2. Place the cucumber and onion into a bowl, add in plain yogurt, chopped garlic, mint leaves and lemon juice. Season with salt and mix well.
3. Set in chiller.
2. Methods for Vegetable Stock
4. Chop carrot, celery and onion. Boil water and add the chopped vegetables.
5. Simmer for about 40 minutes, and then strain vegetables from stock.
3. Methods for Pulao
6. Wash basmati rice in several changes of water. Soak the washed rice in clean water for 30 minutes and drain before cooking.
7. Break cinnamon stick into 3 pieces and slice the ginger. Chop the green chili and French beans. Dice the potatoes, carrot and tomatoes.
8. In a thick-bottomed pot, heat up oil and fry ginger, cardamom seeds, black peppercorns, cumin seeds, cloves, nutmeg, star anise, bay leaves and the broken cinnamon sticks.
9. Fry till fragrant and bundle the spices in a piece of cheesecloth or cooking sachet bag (this allows for easy removal of the spices later when serving).
10. In the same pot, melt unsalted butter and fry the broccoli, cauliflower, chopped green chilli, French beans, carrots and tomatoes with a pinch of turmeric powder.
11. Place the vegetables in a bowl and place the basmati rice in the pot. Add in the spice bag, pour in vegetable stock and bring to boil. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
12. Simmer for 10 minutes with lid on and then add in potatoes.
13. Cook for another 20 minutes with lid on, then stir in vegetables and unsalted butter.
14. Cook for another 8-10 minutes with lid on, until the rice and vegetables are cooked.
15. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with raita on the side.
Serie 8 Induction Hob
Induction hobs generate heat only where it is needed, and their lower temperature also keeps hands safe from burning. These features ensure safety, convenience and energy savings.