Sop with Jack Mousse Cake
Preparation Time: 60 mins
Cooking Time: 35 mins
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease and line a deep round baking tin (9 inches in diameter) with paper.
2. Whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla essence with the Bosch kitchen machine using the whisk tool. Start at speed 3 and gradually increase to speed 6. Whisk till the mixture turns stiff.
3. Fold in sifted flour into mixture. Add melted butter and mix well together while folding in the sifted flour. Pour mixture into baking tin and bake for about 35 minutes. When cooled, cut the cake into 3 layers.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the mousse mixture. Dissolve gelatine in water over low fire. Leave to cool. With the Bosch kitchen machine, whisk fresh cream until it turns stiff. Add in soursop and jackfruit.
5. Add cooled gelatine into the mixture and mix well with a hand whisk. Position one layer of cake on a cake board and place cake ring over.
6. Spread 1/3 of mousse mixture on top of cake. Repeat same process until all mousse is used up. Do not leave any gap at the sides to prevent jelly topping from flowing.
7. Boil water, sugar, juice and instant jelly together. Set aside until lukewarm. Leave in the fridge to set for at least 60 minutes.