Scallops with Sweetcorn Puree and lkura
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
|Sweetcorn Puree:||Scallops:||To Plate:|
1. Sweetcorn Puree
- Melt butter in a medium pan over high heat.
- Stir in sweetcorn and sugar then add stock and cream. Bring to boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer uncovered for 10 mins or until sweetcorn is soft.
- Puree mixture with MaxoMixx hand blender on speed 4 for 10 seconds, then press the Turbo button for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Sieve the puree and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a large heavy-bottom skillet on high heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Cook scallops for 1-1 1/2 minutes on each side; they should feel slightly springy when pressed.
3. To Plate
- Spoon sweetcorn puree over the scallops, garnish with pea sprouts and top with ikura.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil.