Ravioli with Butter Sage Sauce served on Cream Spinach
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 80 mins
|Ravioli Filling:||Cream Spinach:||Ravioli Pasta:||Butter Sage Sauce:||To Plate:|
1. Ravioli Filling
- Add 50g salmon and pork with a dash of sea salt and pepper to the MultiTalent jug and pulse to a paste.
- Trickle in the cream and blend.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover with cling film and chill for 20 minutes.
- Finely dice the prawns and the remaining salmon fillet. Combine with water chestnuts and chill for 20 minutes.
- Combine seafood mixture with salmon and pork paste.
- Add lemon juice, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Shape into four neat 80g balls, cover and chill again.
2. Cream Spinach
- Boil spinach in salted water until wilted. Drain and rinse with cold water then squeeze to remove excess liquid. Chop coarsely and set aside.
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic for 3–5 minutes until onion has softened.
- Add cream cheese and milk. Stir over medium heat until cream cheese is melted and smooth.
- Stir in spinach and simmer for 8–10 minutes until mixture thickens.
- Add nutmeg; season with salt and pepper and set aside.
3. Ravioli Pasta
- Sift flour and fine sea salt into the MultiTalent mixing bowl fitted with the dough blade.
- Add the eggs, egg yolks and olive oil. Combine these on medium speed.
- The mixture should form small lumps, which will hold together as a smooth, firm dough when pressed with your fingers.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for 2–5 minutes until smooth.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pasta dough into thin sheets with rolling pin and cut out eight 12cm rounds.
- Place a ball of filling in pasta rounds,brush, the edges with egg wash, then seal with another piece of pasta round; ensure there are no air gaps.
- Blanch ravioli in boiling salted water for 3–4 minutes, then refresh in ice water. Remove and set aside.
4. Butter Sage Sauce
- Melt butter in a sauté pan and continue cooking until the mixture turns lightly golden brown.
- Add sage leaves and remove from heat. Add lemon juice and set aside.
5. To plate
- Spoon cream spinach and place a ravioli on top. Serve with a drizzle of butter sage sauce topped with a sage leaf and a pinch of shrimp roe.