Wagyu Steak with Braised Chestnut and Mushroom Selection with Sweet Potato Puree
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
|Braised Chestnuts and Mushroom:||Sweetcorn Potato Puree:||Wagyu beef:||To Plate:|
1. Sweet Potato Puree
- Bring to boil in medium saucepan of water and turn down to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for about 20 mins until very tender.
- Drain and puree sweet potatoes on Turbo with the MaxoMixx hand blender until smooth..
- Add butter, heavy cream and maple syrup to the puree, and pulse again until all ingredients are incorporated and smooth. Set aside.
2. Braised Chestnuts and Mushroom
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan.
- Add garlic and cook, remove it before it turns brown.
- Add mushrooms, chestnuts and raisins, saute for about 5 minutes..
- Add dark soy sauce, mirin and chicken broth, simmer over low heat until the liquid is reduced by half.
3. Wagyu Steak
- Season both sides of beef with sea salt and pepper.
- Sear in a pre-heated pan for 2 mins on each surface.
- Remove the beef from the pan and set aside to rest.
4. To Plate
- Soften cucumber slices with salt. Rinse and roll.
- Add a spoonful of sweet potato puree onto the serving plate.
- Place chestnuts and mushrooms around the puree.
- Sit Wagyu steak by the puree, covering it slightly.
- Garnish with micro green sprouts, red radish slices and cucumber rolls.
- Drizzle braising liquid, serve and enjoy.