Vegetable Cheese Quiche Tart
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 45 mins
- Pour in butter and flour into the mixer bowl of the Bosch kitchen machine, turn to low speed. Add a pinch of salt and sugar then increase the speed slightly.
- Next add in the eggs slowly.Then add in the milk and increase the speed. Mix until a dough is formed.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and lightly knead it into a ball. Dust it with a little bit of flour while kneading. Next, wrap the dough with a cling film and let it rest in the fridge for at least half a day or overnight.
- With a rolling pin, flatten the dough to 1.5cm thickness. Layer the dough over the baking tray.Trim any excess dough.
- Poke the sides and the bottom of the dough with a fork to allow it to ‘breathe’. Also hold the dough down with baking stones or beans while baking it in the oven.
- Bake it at 180˚C for 30 minutes until a golden brown texture is achieved.
- Pour the eggs and the egg yolks together with the double cream into the Bosch kitchen machine with the blender attachment. Add in a pinch of nutmeg, salt and pepper. Blend on a gradual speed and set aside.
- Next, cut the onions, zucchini and the carrots into small chunks and shred them with the disc cutter.
- Heat up a pan and add some olive oil. Add in the onions and lightly toss it. Next, put in the carrots and the zucchini with some minced garlic. Cook the vegetables until they are slightly soft. Pour in some white wine and let the vegetables braise for a while.
- Allow the alcohol to evaporate. Season the vegetables with rock salt,pepper and sugar. Put it aside to cool.
- Next layer the vegetables onto the tart base that was baked earlier. Avoid scooping up too much of the vegetable juices. Include the filling mixture. Sprinkle cheese on top and garnish it with the mushrooms.
- Send it to bake for a second time into a preheated oven of 180˚C for 15 minutes.