Spaghetti with Broad Beans, Lobster and Creamy Garlic Sauce
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 50 mins
|For the sauce:||For the pasta dough:||Plus:||Accessories:|
1. Combine semolina flour, salt, eggs and olive oil in the MaxxiMUM Kitchen Machine’s mixing bowl and knead for 5 minutes using the dough hook until you have a firm dough. The dough will be especially smooth if all the ingredients are at room temperature. Then wrap pasta dough in clingfim and let rest for at least 30 minutes.
2. Boil lobster in a large pot of salted water for 7 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon, plunge into ice water, drain in a colander and let cool.
3. Place lobster on a cutting board with the belly side down and cut in half from head to tail using a large knife. (A female lobster may have a shiny, dark-green "coral". Remove it from the tail end of the body with a small spoon and set aside.)
4. Remove tail meat from both sides of the shell and slice, removing the vein. Twist the claws of the body. Twist apart the forelegs and claws and break open the forelegs with poultry shears or a heavy knife. Remove the meat from the shells. Twist the smaller moveable parts of the lobster claws until they make a cracking noise and then pull them away, extracting the piece of bony cartilage.
5. Crack the claws with a heavy knife, break them open and remove the claw meat in a single piece. Cut up lobster meat and refrigerate. Set aside the lobster carcass.
6. Bring Noilly Prat, white wine and saffron to a boil and cook gently. Peel and slice shallots. Rinse celery stick and fennel and slice. Slightly crush 3 garlic cloves. In a large pot, heat butter and braise the prepared vegetables and garlic for 5 minutes.
7. Using poultry shears, cut lobster carcass into smaller pieces, add to the pot and crush lightly with a mixing spoon. Rinse tomatoes, dice coarsely and add to the pot. Cover and braise for 10 minutes. Add wine and reduce for 5 minutes. Pour chicken stock over the lobster shells until almost completely covered.
8. Add saffron, spices and dill sprigs, bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Return stock to a boil, pour through a cloth or fie strainer and reduce by half. Add double cream and reduce until thick and creamy.
9. Shell broad beans, boil in salted water for 2 minutes, drain and plunge into ice water. Snip the skins of the bright green beans. peel garlic cloves (cut large cloves into thick slices) and boil beans and garlic in milk for about 8 minutes until done. Drain, plunge into ice water and pat dry with paper towels.
10. Using the Professional pasta attachment, roll out pasta dough to stage 4, sprinkling occasionally with a little semolina flur. Cut using the Professional pasta attachment for spaghetti and sprinkle with a little semolina flour.
11. In a small pan, sauté garlic cloves in olive oil until golden-brown and season with salt and pepper. Bring lobster sauce to a boil with the dill leaves. If desired, purée coral in the MaxxiMUM mixer attachment, add to the pot with the lobster pieces and broad beans, and warm slightly.
12. Shred lemon verbena leaves. Boil pasta for 3 to 4 minutes in a large amount of salted water (8 g salt per litre). Drain but do not plunge into ice water, toss with sauce and season to taste. Transfer to plates and sprinkle with garlic cloves and lemon verbena leaves.