Lamb Chops with Pea and Mint Purée and Rhubarb Chutney
Preparation Time: 40 mins
Cooking Time: 60 mins
For the lamb chops:
For the pea purée:
|For the Rhubarb Chutney:|
1. For Lamp Chop:
- Pat lamb dry with paper towels, trim thick fat layers (leave 2 to 3 mm), scrape the ends of the bones clean with the back of a boning or other sturdy knife. Separate rack of lamb into chops. Peel and slice garlic cloves and chop rosemary very coarsely. Mix garlic and rosemary with lamb chops and olive oil, stir and let rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Peel onion and potato and slice using the MaxxiMUM Continuous Shredder. In a saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon butter and 2 tablespoons water. Add vegetables and a large pinch of salt, cover and braise over low heat for 5 minutes. Add peas and stock, bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes over medium heat. Rinse mint, shake dry and pluck off leaves.Toast pistachios in an ungreased pan while stirring frequently until they become fragrant and season lightly with salt. Chop toasted pistachios very coarsely.
- Place peas, stock and mint in the MaxxiMUM mixer attachment, purée finely with remaining butter and season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep purée finely with. Heat a heavy frying pan or grill pan. Season lamb chops with salt and pepper and fry or grill on both sides for a total of 5 to 6 minutes, turning once and adding butter toward the very end. Arrange on plates with pea purée, rhubarb chutney and rhubarb chips, first cut sprinkle with pistachios and serve.
2. For 1.25L Rhubarb Chutney:
- Rinse rhubarb, cut off dried ends and strip tough peel from very thick stalks (often, this isn’t necessary). For the rhubarb chips, fist cut 200 g rhubarb stalks in half crosswise and then lengthwise into strips 1 to 2 mm thick. Place in a small bowl. Bring 125 ml water and grenadine syrup to a boil, pour over rhubarb strips and let stand for 30 minutes. Remove rhubarb strips from the syrup and drain well. Place the slightly wavy or crinkled strips on baking parchment and dry in the oven or in an automatic food dryer at 70°C for 7 to 8 hours until crispy, carefully turning from time to time so that the strips don’t stick. Let cool and store in an airtight container.
- For the Chutney, peel shallots and remove roots. Place 800 g rhubarb and the shallots in the MaxxiMUM Continuous Shredder and slice thinly. Peel ginger and also slice thinly in the MaxxiMUM Continuous Shredder. Purée raspberries and pineapple juice in the MaxxiMUM kitchen machine and put through a fine strainer. Tear lime leaves into large pieces.
- In a saucepan, combine prepared ingredients with cranberries, spices and sugar, cover and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Add grenadine-rhubarb syrup and reduce for about 25 minutes uncovered, stirring frequently. Rinse lime, grate of peel and squeeze out juice. Add peel and juice to the chutney and season to taste with salt and pepper. Immediately pour boiling hot mixture into screw-top jars and seal.
- Tip: Unopened and stored in a cool cellar, rhubarb chutney will keep for 1 year. Refrigerate jars after opening and consume within a few weeks.