1. Add garlic and onion to a container and blend them to a paste.
2. Add butter/ ghee, onion and garlic paste into a pot and cook them for 3 minutes.
3. Add garmam marsala, cumin, red lentils, sliced ginger, cinnamon stick, bay leaves and cold water to a pot and bring them to a boil. Then reduce the heat and let it simmer.
4. Stir the mixture for 10 to 12 minutes to prevent it from sticking to a pot. Then add lemon juice, finely chopped coriander leaves and season it with salt. Stir the mixture well.
5. Scoop the mixture to a bowl and garnish it with finely chopped coriander leaves. Serve it alone, or with Naan or Pappadums.
Serie 8 | Hood and Induction Hob
Induction hobs generate heat only where it is needed, and its the lower temperature also prevents hands safe from burning. These translate to more safety, convenience and energy savings.