Fish & Chips
Preparation for Tartar Sauce
- Create homemade tartar sauce - Blend gherkin, capers and shallots into a paste with a handblender.
- Whisk the egg yolk with a food processor by selecting ‘Medium speed’, then drizzle oil to the yolk mixture thereafter.
- Continue to blend salt, sugar, pepper, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, and the paste in Step 2 - together in the food processor.
- Continue to blend the mixture till a mayonnaise-like texture is formed.
Preparation for Beer Battered Fish and Chips
- Marinate the fish fillet with pepper, salt and beer; then set the marinated fish aside. We are using Sea bass in this video. Set fillets aside thereafter.
- Whisk the egg yolk with a food processor by selecting ‘Create the batter by mixing all the ingredients, except for the beer, together.
- Next, pour the beer in to form a slurry consistency. Keep the batter chilled for best results.
- Heat a pot of oil, then dip the tempered fish fillets into the batter. Next, fry the fries. Here, we use sweet potato fries.
- Fry the fish and fries till they turn crispy and golden brown. Garnish fillets with cracked black pepper, salt, tartar sauce, chopped parsley and lemon slices.
- To check if the fish is cooked, poke the tip of the knife at the thickest part of the fillet, it should gently resist flaking but show signs of firming.
Serie 8 - Oven
We’ve designed our Series 8 ovens with features to fit every need. Whether it's safety, convenience or capacity, Bosch Series 8 ovens offer the perfect solution.
Serie 8 - Hood
To make sure that you only smell what you really want to smell when you're cooking, we have developed a range of particularly powerful cooker hoods. In addition, insulation and a low-noise drive make them so quiet that you and your guests will barely hear a thing.