- Pre-heat oven to 220°C in ‘Fan Mode’. Roast the pine nuts in the oven for 6 minutes, or till they turn slightly brown and fragrant.
- Boil water in a pot, and add salt to it. Upon boiling, blanch the basil leaves for a minute.
- Chill the leaves in a container with ice cubes and water, then squeeze the excess water from the basil leaves.
- Blend the basil leaves with pine nuts, salt, pepper, garlic, parmesan cheese and corn oil using the MultiTalent 3 Food Processor.
- Blend whole, peeled tomatoes with the MultiTalent 3 Food Processor.
- Add cooking oil and unsalted butter to a lightly heated pot, and fry the onions and bay leaf.
- Once the onion has softened, add garlic and blended tomatoes. Bring the ingredients to a boil.
- Next, lower the heat and allow the sauce to simmer. Season the sauce with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Cook till the tomatoes have reduced and the sauce has thickened.
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C in ‘Top and Bottom Heat Mode’. Pat the scallops dry and season them with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Add oil to a lightly heated pan to sear the scallops.
- Next, add butter to the pan, and caramelise the scallops by sautéing them.
- Add the cooked tomato sauce to the pan – by pouring it over the scallops.
- Layer the scallops with parmesan cheese and panko.
- Bake the dish in the oven at 180°C for 8 minutes.
- Garnish with pesto, extra virgin olive oil and chopped parsley.
Serie 8 - Hood
To make sure that you only smell what you really want to smell when you're cooking, we have developed a range of particularly powerful cooker hoods. In addition, insulation and a low-noise drive make them so quiet that you and your guests will barely hear a thing.
Serie 8 - Oven
We’ve designed our Series 8 ovens with features to fit every need. Whether it's safety, convenience or capacity, Bosch Series 8 ovens offer the perfect solution.