|Choux Pastry:||Cream Filling:||In Addition:|
|Resting Time: 1 - 2 hours||1 Teaspoon Sugar||1 Vanilla Pod||Icing Sugar For Dusting|
|250ml Water||185g Flour||50ml Cream|
|30g Butter||4 Eggs||20g Sugar|
|1 Pinch Salt||1L Vegetable Oil|
1. Place water, butter, salt and sugar in a pan and bring to the boil for approx. 2 minutes at setting 9.
2. Remove the pan from the hob. Pour in the sieved flour all at once and stir in with a wooden spoon for approx. 2½ minutes until the mixture detaches from the pan in a ball.
3. Stir the eggs into the dough one by one. Only add the next egg after the one before has been completely worked in. Knead thoroughly. Leave the dough to rest at room temperature for 1 - 2 hours.
4. Heat the vegetable oil in a pan at setting 6 for approx. 10 minutes.
5. From the dough make 12 doughnuts each half the size of a dessert spoon. Slide into the hot oil and fry golden brown for approx. 5 minutes. Turn several times. Take the doughnuts out and leave to drain on kitchen towel.
6. Slice the vanilla pod open lengthways and scrape out the vanilla pulp.
7. Beat the cream, sugar and vanilla pulp in a bowl until stiff. Fill the mixture into a piping bag with a fine nozzle. Insert into the top of the doughnuts and fill with cream.
8. Dust with icing sugar and serve.
Tip: You can already make the dough the day before. Take the dough out of the refrigerator 2 hours before deep frying.
You can check the temperature of the oil with a wooden spoon. The right temperature has been reached when you dip the wooden spoon into the oil and little bubbles rise up.
Gas Cooktops with FlameSelect Technology
The new Gas cooktop with FlameSelect and its innovative valve technology lets you precisely control the flame in 9 power levels. Now you can achieve perfectly consistent results each and every time.