Hazelnut Parfait with Cocoa Bean Brittle, Williams Pear Foam & Glazed Pear Wedges
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 50 mins
For the Parfait:
For the Brittle:
1. Caramelise 100 g sugar with 4 tablespoons water until light brown. Add hazelnuts, stir and distribute on a sheet of baking parchment. Let cool, then chop nuts very coarsely in the MaxxiMUM mixer attachment. Place a loaf tin or 20 smaller individual moulds with a total volume of about 1.5 litres in the freezer.
2. Fill a large bowl with cold water. Fill a pot with water a hand’s width deep and bring to a boil. Combine egg yolks, egg, 100 g sugar, Williams Pear Brandy and lime peel in a suitable bowl and beat over a boiling bain-marie until thick and foamy. Remove from heat and continue beating briefly with the bowl in cold water until the mixture has cooled a few degrees.
3. In the MaxxiMUM Kitchen Machine’s mixing bowl, beat cream until stiff using the wire whisk attachment. Fold whipped cream and chopped, caramelised hazelnuts into the egg mixture and transfer to the ice-cold tin or moulds. Place in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
4. For the brittle: In the MaxxiMUM mixer attachment, chop hazelnuts and cocoa beans very coarsely for several seconds. In a small non-stick pan, heat 100 g sugar and 4 tablespoons water until the sugar caramelises and turns golden in colour. Add hazelnuts, cocoa beans and butter, mix thoroughly and immediately spread flat on a large plate and sprinkle with salt flakes. Let the ingredients cool, then break or chop into pieces.
5. Briefly rinse the outside of the parfait mould(s) with hot water so that the ice cream can be easily removed. If the parfait was in a loaf tin, cut it into slices. If it is was in individual parfait moulds, twist the parfaits out of the moulds with a fork. Arrange the parfaits and cocoa bean brittle on plates, garnish with Williams Pear foam and pear wedges and serve.