Apple Cinnamon Cake
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
|For the cake:||For the custard cream:|
1. Preparing the cake:
- Pre-heat oven to 175 degree Celsius.
- Beat 1 cup of sugar, butter, vanilla & cream cheese at medium speed in the Bosch kitchen machine for about 4 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Sift them.
- Add the flour mixture to the cream mixture and beat at low speed until blended.
- Combine ¼ cup of sugar with cinnamon. Mix 2 tablespoons of cinnamon mixture and apple in a bowl and stir the apple mixture into the batter.
- Pour batter into pan lined with parchment paper. Place walnuts on batter and sprinkle remaining cinnamon mixture on top.
- Bake at 175 degree Celsius for 1 hour. Cover with aluminium foil after 20 minutes to prevent over-browning. Cool cake on rack.
2. Preparing the custard cream:
- Boil the milk and grated lemon zest.
- Beat egg yolks and castor sugar till white.
- Sieve cake flour and corn starch together. Divide into 7 portions and add each portion at a time into the whisked egg and sugar mixture. Mix well.
- Slowly add the milk into the egg mixture. Whisk to combine.
- Cook the custard over a double boiler and whisk constantly. Wrap and cool the mixture in the fridge.
- Whisk whipping cream and icing sugar till soft peaks form.
- Combine Kirsch with the whipped cream and custard mixture.