Aebleskiver & Hay
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 40 mins
1.Toast the hay at 200 degree Celsius for one hour.
2. The cream will have taken on the flavour of toasted hay.
3. Place the egg yolks and cream into the mixing bowl with the whisk attachment into the MUM5. Whisk at speed 7 for several minutes until it has thickened slightly.
4. Lower the settings to speed 3 and add the flour in a little at a time. When the flour has been completely incorporated into the mixture, increase speed to 6.
5. When egg yolk and cream mixture is no longer lumpy, add melted butter and sea salt. Continue to whisk for another 5 minutes. Set aside in a deep bowl.
6. Place egg whites with whisk attachment into the MUM5 and set to speed 7. Whisk until the egg whites are stiff.
7. Gently fold in the egg whites with the egg yolk and cream mixture. Ash and Sugar Powder 100 grams meadowsweet hay 300 grams icing sugar.
8. Burn the hay with a handheld blowtorch until it is completely burnt. When it is cool, pass ash through a fine sieve.
9. Mix the icing sugar with ash. Puree 6 Granny Smith Apples. Next, squeeze in lemon juice.
10. Peel and dice the apples into even chunks.
11. Cook in a dry non-stick frying pan over very low heat to sweat the apples. Be careful not to colour the apples.
12. When soft and still warm, place apples in the MUM5 with the blender attachment. Blend on speed 7 until it becomes a smooth puree. Add a little lemon juice if necessary.
Special thanks to Chef Michael Han